Monday’s house fire deemed “accidental” by fire investigators

 Monday’s house fire deemed “accidental” by fire investigators

Lethbridge fire investigators completed their investigation into a house fire Monday morning on Blackfoot Road West. The investigation revealed that the fire was accidental.

Fire officials remind residents to safely dispose of cigarettes in a non combustible container filled with sand or water. Twenty-two firefighters responded to the blaze which caused more than $400,000 dollars to the home.

Fortunately no one was injured in the blaze and a Go Fund Me account has been set up to help provide for the family who lost everything in the fire.

Photo: Charlotte Campbell

Jeannette Rocher

Born in Puerto Rico, raised in Minnesota and Manitoba, Jeannette has had the opportunity to live in a variety of places including New York, Arizona, and Nevada. After completing college and a paid internship with CBC Winnipeg, Jeannette embarked on her journalism career by moving overseas to take a job on the island of Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands. While overseas she covered stories in Fiji, Guam and Japan including the 2011 tsunami that hit Japan and its surrounding islands. She covered a mass shooting, an Earth quake, murder cases and other substantial court cases. In 2013 she moved to Alberta where she covered the devastating floods of High River and Medicine Hat for CTV News. She then went on to produce and host Go! Southern Alberta for Shaw TV. She now calls Miracle Channel home. In addition to reporting in the field, you can catch her anchoring daily weather reports, as well as longer interview segments on BCN, and the week-in-review show on BCN Weekends. 

Related post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *