Recently the federal government announced that all federal employees in Canada will be required to be vaccinated as early as the end of September. This also means workers in the federally regulated airline and railways sectors will be forced to get the jab by no later than the end of October. The Conservative party of Canada candidate for Medicine Hat-Cardston-Warner, Glen Motz, says he doesn’t think vaccines should be forced onto Canadians who work in the public sector.
Motz says this election call by the Trudeau liberals means they don’t care about issues like the pandemic, economic recovery, and cost of living for Canadians. Voters will head to the polls for the federal election on September 20.
The Conservative Party of Canada released their Canada Recovery Plan, and Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole says it will outline five key points.
- Secure jobs by recovering 1-million jobs that were lost during the pandemic.
- Secure accountability by creating a new Anti-Corruption law to clean up the mess in Ottawa.
- Secure Mental Health through our Canada Mental Health Action Plan.
- Secure the Country by creating a strategic stockpile of essential products and building the capacity to manufacture vaccines at home.
- Secure out economy by balancing the budget over the next decade.